Wednesday 1 February 2006

Palawan and back again.

Image hosting by PhotobucketI love the beach. The sound of the waves. The feel of the sand under your feet. The smell of the salty air. The vision of the sea and sky melting together on the horizon.

Palawan. I've been to this island in the Philippines twice last year. First was February, I was with my family. I got to experience Dos Palmas, Underground River, Sabang Beach, Luli Island, Snake Island, and saw a number of islands along the way. I stayed primarily at Puerto Princesa. Food was great, too! Number one on my list is Ka Lui's.

Last time was June, I went with my girlfriends this time, to attend our good friend's wedding. After the ceremonies were over, we spent some time on the beach before heading back to Manila. We spent a night at Starfish Island. Boy, what a novel experience. We had the island all to ourselves! Okay, there were other people around but they're the ones who take care of the island so, what I really meant to say was we were the only guests on the island. Hehehe.

I tried to coax my friend to a wholesome drunkfest but to no avail. Argh. That Vodka is a killer, though. Way too strong! Hahaha. I reckon it's a local brew.

Twice in a year. Good, eh? And I wouldn't mind going back there again. I want to experience Coron, El Nido and back to Sabang Beach again. =)

4 comments:

  1. THAT is a nice pic. you should consider making it a postcard and send to your friends during winter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great travel info you have here :D I love travelling quite a bit.. if only i had a job which involved chilling at the beach :D lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you one of them, ganda

    ReplyDelete